Friday, May 30, 2008

A pocketless Heart

My sister just graduated, I was very proud of her. While I was at her graduation, there was a speaker and I can't remember his name at all, but I remember what he said.
The last 8 months have been so life changing for me and my wife that we have gone through so many different stages of brokenness. This guy started talking about our hearts and the pockets that we don't want to empty, but if we could possess these things God will show up in a spontaneous and mighty way.
1. a dislocated heart
2. a broken sprirt
3. a radical faith
4. a strategic plan
5. a personal commitment
6. a courageous soul

In my personal life I have been going though each of these, they are not always the easiest or the most practical or popular, but I think when we fully surrender our lives and give up our rights, and empty the secret pockets of our hearts that we fill with all kinds of chaos. Once we go through all these different types of brokenness and discovery. I think God wants us to stumble upon one more chapter
7. a miraculous song- which is a song of triumph

So I want to live my life with a pocketless heart and to keep discovering the brokenness so I can sing away at my triumph.
Sing Sing oh my soul
_d

No comments: